We are the first "Bike Friendly" camping in Ticino
Mountain Biking information at the reception:
- Weather forecast in Ticino
- Public transport timetables
- Mountain biking itineraries ideas around Lugano, maps and contact with local guides
Free bike and mountain biking services for our guests:
- Secure room for bikes with bike racks and electrical outlets
- Small workshop with repairing kit and pump
- Bike washing station
- Sport or diet menus on request at local snack bar with lake view
- Mountain Bike maps
- Picnic for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Hot shower and toilets always available
- Washing and drying facilities
- Shuttle service to / from the Lugano train station for bikes and luggage (min. 24 hours notice required)
- Guided excursions in Ticino by local certified bike guides
- Mountain bike and road bike shops nearby
- Electric mountain bike rental: www.monta-in-bike.ch
Mountain Biking tour guides contact:
- Massimo Micarelli: www.bikeguideticino.com
- Luca Vonfelten: history teacher and long-time cyclist. He will guide you to discover unusual or characteristic places, to discover the historical, naturalistic, enogastronomic or simply beautiful heritage, riding your MTB.
Some of the tours you can enjoy, starting right from our campsite:
AGNO-MONTE CENERI – Easy
Easy bike tour along the Vedeggio river. At Monte Ceneri it will be possible to try the Cross Country arena of the 2003 World Championship.
Est. Time: 4/5h - Length: about 40 km - Technical/physical level: 1-1
CAPRIASCA AND REDDE FOREST – Medium hard
A beautiful tour along ancient paths in the woods of the Capriasca region. The level of difficulty can be discussed and adapted as needed.
Est. Time: 5h - Length: about 35 km - Technical/physical level: 2-2
HILLS AROUND LUGANO – Medium hard
A magical ride along “Collina d’oro”, the gold hill where the sun sets last in Ticino. It is truly the perfect afternoon ride. Expect a gorgeous 360 degrees panorama of the entire Lugano Region. From there it is also possible to ride up to the hill of Breganzona. This tour offers small and medium climbs and no particular technical challenge.
Est. Time: 3/4h - Length: 15- 25 km - Technical/physical level: 2-2
MONTE TAMARO – MONTE LEMA – Hard
The complete tour is for experienced and fit riders. It is though possible to make it shorter, taking the cableway from Rivera to Alpe Foppa (path reduction: -2h and -1’000m of elevation).
This is a very scenic tour, along the ridge between the Lago Maggiore and the Lugano Region, with spectacular views of the Swiss 4’000 m high mountains as well as a some lakes.
Est. Time: 8/11h - Length: about 85 km - Elevation gain 2500 m - Technical/physical level: 3-2